Re: Lost root password...

"Marko Dinic" <mdinic@chat.carleton.ca> wrote

> No, unfortunately I have no Sun instalation disks or CD's and I don't have a
> CD-rom drive. I have a network card build in but I need the adapter to
> ethernet (from the 25 pin port). How would I export my hard drive from the
> bios so I can mount it from Debian? My main workstation is a Intel Debian.
>
> > have probably done that already if that were the case. =) If you have
> > access to another Debian box, you could use it to generate a custom .iso
> > image, or you could mount the hard-drive on another box /w ufs rw support.
>
> I'm willing to try both, I'm unfamiliar with creating custom iso's though.
> By the second option you mean physicly remove the HDD and put it in another
> box (that already has a bootable system)? Or can I just mount it ower the
> network somehow?

How about netbooting the Sparc ?
Create a minimal nfsroot on your debian box with appropriate daemons,
and then build a sparc kernel that supports sun volume labels
and ufs.
Reboot and mount the sun partition and edit the passwd.
See the debian installation guide for details, it's not very
difficult.

HTH,

Ragga