gcc working on sparc?

Hi. I just recently installed Debian on a Sparc IPX. I have setup
apache, and I am currently trying to install mod_dav[1]. The
config.log[2] contains an error which seems to indicate something is
wrong with the compiler setup.

I tried to rectify this by installing "libc6-dev", but it fails as
follows:

foo> apt-get install libc6-dev
  libc6-dev: Depends: libc6 (= 2.1.3-15) but 2.1.3-17 is to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages

Am I on the right track here, or do I need to do something else?
The gcc package I have is "gcc", "2.95.2-13" (sources[3] given below).
Btw, "g++" fails to install for a similar reason.

Any thoughts?

[1]: http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav/mod_dav-1.0.2-1.3.6.tar.gz
[2]: config.log:

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:541: checking for gcc
configure:654: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
configure:670: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open crt1.o: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:

#line 665 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"