Re: Hardware question (urgent)

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 10:10:02 +0100,
Karl Hammar <karl@kalle.csb.ki.se> wrote:
[...]
> The plus is that you'll get support from your salesman.

for whatever that is worth. i've not been impressed with the support that
sun is offering. exchanging parts of the HW is ok with them. but once the
problem is a little bit more complicated ...

> The down side is that solaris installs lots of things you possible
> don't want to have on a public server.

aehm, solaris doesn't do this to me. maybe you should check your jumpstart
settings (you _are_ using jumpstart, aren't you).

--
Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr  | ignorami: n: The BOFH art of folding problem
<mike+sig@cluon.priv.at> |           lusers into representational shapes.