Re: the system is getting slow ....

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Chad Miller wrote:

> You're out of memory.  It's swapping, or "thrashing" in this case.

yep ...
but i've potato on my pc, a k6-ii 400, 32MB of ram and 100MB of swap, and
it has no problem under similar conditions ...
here, on the ultra5, i've 64MB of ram and 64MB of swap ...

so, i don't know what is the problem here .... why it swaps so much to
freeze the system ???

by the way ... what if i try woody on this machine ... if it works as it's
doing right now is unstable enough to make feel it wouldn't be a
big problem to try the unstable distribution ... or it would be worst ????

esteban