Re: VNC on SPARC?

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 08:47:34AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
|On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 08:20:27PM +0900, Julian Stoev wrote:
|> Hi!
|> I am trying to get VNC working on SPARC Debian potato and I can't. I
|> installed only vncserver and dependent apps and libs. I don't want to
|> install and x-server on this machine.
|
|How can you run VNC server on a machine with no X server running?

There is no xserver-* package installed. X interface is accessible
only with VNC.
vncserver depends (correctly) only on libc6 (>= 2.1.2), libvncauth0,
libz1, xbase-clients, xserver-common
and
Provides: xserver

I've done this before on 486 using slink and later potato unstable.
Now I am trying to do the same on old SPARC, but it does not work
for now.

--JS