error in installer

I recently installed a potato from scratch. My partition setup was to
have a small /boot and a larger /, plus a swap. Installation went just
fine, and everything installed. I was asked to make the disk bootable,
which I said yes to.

When rebooting, it couldn't find the kernel. After booting the
installation again, and checking, it seems that it had installed the
kernel as "/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.17-sun4cdm", but SILO was setup on
booting "/boot/vmlinuz", which didn't exist. I was able to boot, by
specifying the kernel name when booting.

Greetings,

Tomas