From: Gabor Zoltan Csejtey [mailto:Gabor.Csejtey@idi.ntnu.no]
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 10:35 AM
To: druaga@pmail.net
Cc: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: mp3's on SPARC LX - Debian 2.2...

I'm using gmix from the gnome-media package. Unfortunatelly the cd
player does not work properly. I cannot get audio from the cd to the
aduio chip although there's a connection between the cdreader and the
mainboard.

Gabor
PS.
To compile the deb source you need the debian package management
tools.
e.g. dpkg-dev, task-debian-devel

	From: "Mike Hebel" <druaga@pmail.net>

	Thanks again for the file - it installed fine with dpkg and works exactly
as
	expected!

	Just a curiosity question - did you have any problems compiling it on your
	system?  (I had problems getting it compiled but that may have been related
	to the other problem I found - not all the packages from dselect were
	installed and configured. Doh!)

	Does anyone out there have mixerctl ported to Debian?  I looked for it on
	the searchable package database on www.debian.org and on ftp.us.debian.org
	but didn't see it anywhere.

	I tried using aumix instead but it doesn't seem to want to work.  (Either
	outputs a bunch of blank lines and an error message or it does things like
	not listing the settings for anything on any channel.  I think it might not
	work properly with the DBRI mixer but that's just my Debian newbie guess.)

	Any ideas?

	Thanks again for the help!

	Sincerely,

	Mike Hebel