Re: wvdial and ultra 5?

On Tue, Sep 19, Jason Wright wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 04:18:32PM +0200, Pieter Krul spewed forth:
>
> > using wvdial as a chat replacement. Perhaps forcing the ttya/b-mode
> > on the PROM, or with `eeprom`, might perhaps(?) help as well, if your
> > modem supports the speeds you set it to.
>
> The modem definitely supports 115200.  Not sure about anything higher than
> that, but I don't plan on going any higher.  I cranked ttya-mode to
> "115200,8,n,1,-" and rebooted, but wvdial still won't play at higher than
> 38400, so I've gone back to pppd/chat.  This only has to last until my DSL
> comes in, so I guess that I can live without wvdial's convenience.  :)

I think the Ultra5 uses a sab82532 for the serial line. This chip is
used in nearly all Ultras or Clones I know of and cannot more than
38400. So even if you modem can 115200, your SPARC cannot do it.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg