Re: Problem installing gnome-panel

I also faced the problem when gnome failed to install.
 I don't know if that qualifies as a bug, but when it
asks for genome-data-file dependence, and if you
accept the package suggestion, dselect doesn't behave.
What I did was to override the dependencies and
suggested installations. It worked that way. So select
gnome related base and other packages and use 'Q' to
bypass the dselect suggestions. It will most likely
work.

Good luck.
Shandar