Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:54:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: HenSiong Tan <tan@stat.psu.edu>
To: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: getty oops and netscape

Hello,

I wonder if anyone has tried setting CONFIG_FONT_SUN12x22 to "y" when
compiling the latest kernel source (2.2.17_1:2.2.17-1) on the debian
site.  I had problem with getty when I did that on the 2.2.17pre6-1
source: the kernel boots fine until it starts getty to produce those
login consoles; then it begin generating those getty oops (of course
I wouldn't be able to log in).

There wasn't any problem when I did the same thing on the 2.2.12 and
2.2.14 source (once upon a time).

The other question I have is: how does people install/use netscape on
sparc linux?  I will be very thankful if someone could point me to
the appropriate site for more info.

Thank you!

HenSiong