installation on a sun ultra1

I recently got an ultra1 (143hmz, 128mb ram, 2.1gb hd) i put in an older
plextor cdr and a brandnew ibm ultrastar 36.7gb  SCA hd.
The box has an 10mb le0 and a 100mb hme0 nic.
I want to use the box as a firwall/gateway with my adsl modem, and
fileserver for my windowsboxes in my network.

I made the bootable cds and booted from the first cd, when i come to
partition a hd, i choose for the /dev/sdb, because i want to keep the
solaris that is residing on /dev/sda

This is a factory new hd so nothing is on it yet, it gives me this:

-- begin screen dump--
Device contains neither a valid DOS partition table, nor Sun, SGI, or 0SF
disklabel
Building a new sun disklabel. Changes will remain in memory only,
until you decide to write them. After that, of course, the previous
content won't be recoverable.

Drive type
    ?    auto configure
    0    custom (with hardware detected defaults)
    a    quantum ProDrive 80S
    b    Quantum ProDrive 105S
    c    CDC Wren IV 94171-344
    d    SUN0104
    e    SUN0207
Select type (? for auto, 0 for custom):
-- end screen dump--

The ? doesnt work, it says "autoconfigure failed."
what do i do ?
do i try to give in all details manually, i think i found most of the
details on the hd's website
(http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/diskdrdl/ultra/ul36lzx.htm )

thanks in advance, i am really new to sun hardware so please forgive my
ignorance

bruno