SS10 Install Probs Repeated on SS20

Greetings:  God bless you.

When I installed, not too long ago, potato on a SPARCstation 10,
using boot floppies for rescue, root & driver-1, and nfs for
base2_2.tgz, SILO wasn't able to install (make /dev/sda1 bootable).
Also, I couldn't make a boot floppy, even trying several diskettes,
even trying freshly Solaris-fdformatted ones.

I forget now exactly what I did, but I got the CMOS bootstrap
loader to look for vmlinuz-2.2.15, so that I could boot from
the HD.

Anyway, today I attempted to install on a SPARCstation 20,
and had the same problems.  I even re-ftp'd rescue, root,
and driver-1, and base2_2.tgz, even though I haven't installed
this newest one.  I couldn't even make a boot floppy using
the older rescue diskette.  And the write-protect tabs _are_
pulled back in the unlock position...

Anybody else had the problems, and worked through them?  Or
knows what the solution is?

--
Bolan.Meek@wcom.com 972-729-5387
bolan@koyote.com (home phone on request)