sparc-debian: xserver-xsun broken !

       Hi,
       Yesterday, I have confidently convert a Sun sparc-solaris to
sparc-debian. No particular problem, but when I launch startx I found
that the xserver package isn't installed : in fact it has been
dselected when I select gpm. No problem, I reinstall xserver-xsun
which remove gpm. However, startx yields the following error message

SunMouseProc ioctl VUIDGFORMAT: invalid argument
Fatal server error
Fail to initialize core devices

Sound familiar, I remove the link /dev/mouse -> gpmdata and reling to
/dev/sunmouse then relaunch startx: same error ! I purge gpm: same
error, purge xserver-xsun and reinstall xserver-xsun: same error,
reboot retart: same error

Panic, going back and reinstall solaris would be too much a hassle.
Fortunately I remember having a Sun machine running sparc-debian. I
copy the file Xsun on this machine to this one. It works !

I would like to point out that this other Sun have been upgradded
several day ago and for some reason the xserver-xsun have been kept
back (perhaps because of the presence of gpm ?). I also notice that
adter upgrading my xserver crashed and I have to remove gpm.
Apparently, this upgrade have nevertheless change the behaviour of the
X server: it crash in the presence of gpm while before gpm get kill.
That's no big deal. But I am very upset that at this advance stage (of
freeze), one still tinkers with a critical and working package like X
and introduce new bug. Just two days ago? I have reported a bug in the
new file /etc/Xsession (it no longer loads the Xresources)

Please go back to the xserver-xsun which works

--
PHAM Dinh Tuan                         | e-mail: Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr
Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23