Re: Mouse device?

Steven Stillaway wrote:

> I found a reference that told me that the sparc mouse was device c 10 6 --
> so I use mknod to create /dev/mouse (which worked), but I am still
> intereseted to know what the mouse device is called by default in a sparc.

When you have a Linux sourcetree available, all device numbers
and /dev entries are documented in Documentation/devices.txt

>From that file:

10 char        Non-serial mice, misc features
               6 = /dev/sunmouse     Sun mouse

> I also found it unsual that debian did not create the symlink from
> /dev/mouse to this device, whatever it is.  Is this normal?  It was with
> debian 2.1.

>From the errata (http://www.debian.org/ports/sparc/problems)

There is another bug in the symbolic link from /dev/sunmouse to
/dev/mouse is not created. As root, just do ln -s sunmouse /dev/mouse.
(Bug fixed in proposed-updates/makedev.)

Regards,

Pieter