Re: Results with 2.2.15-2000-06-10

On  3-Jul-00 at 21:38, Ben Collins (bcollins@debian.org) wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 04:14:34PM +0100, Peter Haworth wrote:
> > Thank you. That works fine. Now I just need to figure out why I can't
> > eject the disk...
> >
> > $ eject -f /dev/fd0
> > eject: unable to find or open device for: `/dev/fd0'
> >
> > This is with kernel 2.2.17-pre6, compiled from the debian package. I did
> > get the same error after superformat caused an oops, but this is a clean
> > boot this morning, and I haven't tried superformat today.
> >

> Try simply "eject fd0".

That doesn't work either. Or at least it doesn't work for non-root. As root,
both ways work fine. I feel stupid now, but I think the error message could be
slighly less ambiguous. Looking at the source, I'm not sure how it should be
changed, but an explicit difference between "unable to find" and "unable to
open" would be nice.

--
	Peter Haworth	pmh@edison.ioppublishing.com
"The phenomenon of UFO doesn't say anything about the presence of intel-