Re: Results with 2.2.15-2000-06-10

Ben Collins wrote:
> > I realise that. What I want to do is create a DOS filesystem on a floppy,
> > not ext2, so I can use it in my sneakernet. I suppose I could format
> > once on DOS/Windows, then use dd to create an initialised filesystem
> > image, which I could dd onto new floppies, but that seems like cheating
> > somehow.
>
> Superformat wouldn't help you with that anyway. Just use the programs in
> the mtools package.

Thank you. That works fine. Now I just need to figure out why I can't eject the
disk...

$ eject -f /dev/fd0
eject: unable to find or open device for: `/dev/fd0'

This is with kernel 2.2.17-pre6, compiled from the debian package. I did get
the same error after superformat caused an oops, but this is a clean boot this
morning, and I haven't tried superformat today.

--
	Peter Haworth	pmh@edison.ioppublishing.com
"I have to continue using UUCP for sentimental reasons"