Swap space question

When I first installed Debian Sparc from the CD, I partitioned a Gig
of Swap space since I have half a Gig of Ram. The Slink kernel would
only use 128K of Swap space. Currently this has absolutely no effect
on anything since I haven't started running anything that will use
memory. I would like to get my full Gig of Swap. What do I have to do?
Can I do it whil the machine is running or will I have to reboot?

Current memory usage from top.

Mem:  514712K av, 198924K used, 315788K free,  83892K shrd,  87660K buff
Swap: 130684K av,      0K used, 130684K free                 54472K cached

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us