SS5/170 hanging with 2.2.14 kernel.

After recently upgrading my kernel version and adding a HME card to my
SS5/170, I'm now experiencing random lockup on a very regular basis.
I also added support for CS4231 at the same time as I added HME
support and am now using fbgetty if that makes any difference.

I get no opps, but the machine will not respond to anything including
Stop-A.  Did anything significant change between .13 & .14 for
sparc32?  Is there anything I should enable to help provide kernel
dumps?

I'm now rebuilding a .13 kernel to see if it makes a difference as the
machine had been running flawlessly prior to this upgrade.

kernel: 2.2.14
compiler: gcc 2.95.2
/proc/cpuinfo:
cpu             : Fujitsu TurboSparc MB86907
fpu             : reserved
promlib         : Version 3 Revision 2
prom            : 2.29
type            : sun4m