Re: HELP: FTP through squid proxy wants to get ENTIRE area under /

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000 17:27:00 -0800 (PST), ferret@phonewave.net was crying out from somewhere
  about: HELP: FTP through squid proxy wants to get ENTIRE area under /

You should try

wget -r --no-parent ftp://.....

Junichi Uekawa, a.k.a. dancer
 a member of the Dept. of Knowledge Engineering and Computer Science
   Doshisha University.
... Trying to run Debian and trying to maintain it.

ferret>
ferret> It didn't do this to me with the previous set of images, but this go
ferret> around I'm getting stuff outside the tree I specify:
ferret>
ferret> # wget -r ftp://marcus.debian.net/pub/debian/disks-sparc/2000-02-04/
ferret>
ferret> ....
ferret>
ferret> # du
ferret>
ferret> 912     ./marcus.debian.net/pub/dce-patches
ferret> 3       ./marcus.debian.net/pub/sxid/deb
ferret> 4       ./marcus.debian.net/pub/sxid/old
ferret> 18      ./marcus.debian.net/pub/sxid
ferret> 48580   ./marcus.debian.net/pub
ferret> 2       ./marcus.debian.net/bin
ferret> 2       ./marcus.debian.net/etc
ferret> 2       ./marcus.debian.net/lib
ferret>
ferret> I did move my proxy and modem to a different machine, but I copied
ferret> /etc/squid.conf right over and initialised it, so that shouldn't be it.
ferret>
ferret> Suggestions?