SCSI errors: esp0: SCSI bus reset interrupt

Sparc experts:

I've got a SS5, and it's been running Debian 2.1(2.0.38) for
sometime happily.  This weekend I upgraded to 2.2
frozen (2.2.13).  Since upgrading, I've gotten a
constant stream of errors:

Feb  1 11:54:17 elvis kernel: esp0: Resetting scsi bus
Feb  1 11:54:17 elvis kernel: esp0: SCSI bus reset interrupt
Feb  1 11:54:17 elvis kernel: esp0: SCSI bus reset interrupt
Feb  1 11:55:02 elvis kernel: esp0: Resetting scsi bus
Feb  1 11:55:02 elvis kernel: esp0: SCSI bus reset interrupt
Feb  1 11:55:02 elvis kernel: esp0: SCSI bus reset interrupt

whenever there is some disk activity, mostly seems
related to the external disk, but it is hard to tell.

I tried swapping out the external disk with another, thinking
the disk was failing, as well as the cable, no change.

These errors appear to have started with the upgrade
to kernel 2.2.13

I also have another SS2, with a Cycle 5 upgrade that
I moved to 2.2 at the same time, without any of these messages.

Any suggestions?
--Erik

"Any chance collision, and I light up in the dark."
 Erik Blaufuss               blaufuss@phys.lsu.edu