Re: sparc installation

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Eric Delaunay wrote:

> Ben Collins wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 10:01:06AM -0800, ferret@phonewave.net wrote:
> > >
> > > Still no go..
> > >
> > > ok boot net nfsroot=192.168.1.42:/mount/nfs/nfsroot/goober ip=192.168.1.50
> > >
> > > even specifying ALL the options to ip= and adding root=/dev/nfs to the
> > > boot paramaters.
> > >
> > > What else can I try?
> >
> > That's pretty much it. It works perfectly for me. I suspect there is an
> > underlying "thing" that either you or I am missing :)
>
> just a thought:
> is the partition exported rw, no_root_squash ?
/mount/nfs/nfsroot/goober               *.mentasm.org(rw,no_root_squash)

Looks like it. OH. Different problem, but it might have some bearing. I
just switched my network from /etc/hosts to DNS zone, and now none of my
clients have permission to mount my NFS exports.
I've asked about it on debian-user, but would any of y'all happen to have
any suggestions? I can mount when the client is in the server's
/etc/hosts, and according to the DNS howto and nslookup, everything's
kosher.

> are you sure you are using the right kernel ?
> I didn't read the start of this thread, but on which subarch are you installing?
> (sun4c, sun4m, sun4u).

Not sure, actually. The machine's a sun4c (IPX), and I'm booting both
Slink's 2.2.1 and the 2.2.14 from the last set of Potato floppies.

The system I installed to NFS is the year-old Slink set. I'm keeping the
hard drive clean for the next Potato install.