potato success on various SPARCstations and two questions.

Hi all,
I just installed the new disks on 4 SS and everything looks good. I installed on SS2, SS5/110
SS10/40 single CPU and SS20/50 single CPU.

After installation I started installing single pkgs using dpkg to buil a customized system.

I just have two questions:

1) After installing the disks I also installed all the pkgs mentioned in the doc "Software you need
for develpment". Making this I had to upgrade some installed pkg from the dist disks. I just had a
problem while installing g++ and libstdc++. Each one of the two pkgs asks for the other one to be
installed and configured first. How can I do to install them?

2) I've always installed xfee from distributions and I'm not really sure about all the pkgs are needed
for the X system to run properly. Server, fonts, wm etc. All my workstations have a TGX video board.
Can some of you show me the list i strictly need, a part from every wm like gnome etc.

thank you in advance for your help.

Andre Martano

Italy

		Infinitamente gratis, Infinitamente meglio
			http://www.infinito.it