Re: Problem with SILO on Ultra 10/IDE

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 12:02:54PM +0100, Olivier Bornet wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to install the official 2.2r2 on a Ultra 10 with IDE
> CDROM and DISK. The 1st installation phase seem to be OK, and I'm
> now blocked on the reboot of the system with the disks.
>
> When I boot, I only see SI (instead of SILO), and after some long time,
> the system say "Program terminated".
>
> Before that, I have a Linux-Mandrake installed, and all is OK. Now,
> I want to switch to Debian. :-)

Looks like silo wasn't installed correctly. Try booting into the
installer again, drop to a shell, mounting your rootfs. Doing "chroot
/mnt/ /bin/bash" (where /mnt is the dir you mounted your rootfs on), and
then run "silo -f". Don't forget to logout of the chroot and unmount it.
The reboot and see how that does.

Ben