Re: Floppy from sparc on x86

I have tried before to use the one from an IPC without success. The last
were:

Alain Knaff <Alain.Knaff@hitchhiker.org.lu> wrote:

> >I pulled a floppy drive from an old SUN IPC box and I'm trying to use it
> >in my PC. It has a motor that ejects the floppy and I'd like to use that
> >feature. I've tried to get info from the web about it, but have had no
> >luck. I also installed the fdutils package to use the floppycontrol
> >utility.
> >
> >I've tried several setting in the BIOS and in the floppy to get it to
> >work, no dice. If you have any pointers I'd be grateful.
> >     Rafael
>
> For the moment, this feature is only supported for Linux on Sparc
> (Sparcstation usually come with floppy drives with an autoeject
> mechanism). Do you have any documentation with your drive, the name or
> number of the wire used to trigger the eject might be useful

I think the last one was from the author of floppycontrol. If you get
it to work let me know and Alain, too.

I got the IPC for $12 at the GoodWill. The funny thing is that the floppy drive
(Sony MFD-17W-P1) sale for $85 refurbished at www.rapid-tech.com, isn't it
funny?

--
Rafael Herrera
Laboratory for Computational Neuroscience