Re: strange link

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 06:00:04PM +0100, Steffan Baron wrote:

> >On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 03:28:59PM +0100, Steffan Baron wrote:
> >> But perhaps this is a caching problem: In the meantime the symlink created
> >> earlier is accessible, newly created links do not, except I ssh to a machine
> >> which hasn't mounted my HOME already .....
> >
> >So this is across NFS?  Is anything in syslog for either machine?
>
> Yes, I'm using NFS, and no, there nothing unusual in the logs.

Standard behaviour for NFS. Wait a minute and it will update. Checking
the file every second doesn't help, because in this way the NFS client
won't remove the information from its cache. Yes, NFS is a broken
protocol, why do you ask? ;-)

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl