strange link

Hi there,

I have a little interoperability problem Linux <-> Solaris. I have
created a symlink on my Linux box which I can't access under Solaris:

$ ls -l foo
ls: foo: Invalid argument
lrwxrwxrwx   1 sbaron   wum        25 Dec  4 12:53 foo

and under Linux:

$ ls -l foo
lrwxrwxrwx   1 sbaron   wum        25 Dec  4 12:53 foo -> ../some/dir/foo

I have tried to create the symlink under Solaris. Same behaviour.
However, hard links seem to work .....

Any idea ??

cheers,
Steffan

---
I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your signature.
This email was infected under the terms of the GNU General Public License.