resolution on console with IPX/CGsix

Hi all,

I have asks this about a month ago, but couldn't get it done then, so
maybe someone's got a good idea ;)))

I'm trying to change the resolution on my IPX with a CGsix to something
rediculous (like 640x480 or, actualy about 40 columns and 15 rows on a
19" monitor...) to be able to read it from 4-5 meters distance... (don't
ask why ;)) )

I know that i have to use fbset(8), but even with all the docs available,
the only thing fbset says when trying is (and i quote ;) )
'ioctl FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument'
I was told to try and use a mode which the X-server uses, because they are
compatible, but I can't figure out which mode X is using ;((

Someone can help me out ??

I'm trying to do the same thing on a IPC with a bwtwo, but no luck there
either ;(

Thanks,
Taco.
---
"Regular expressions are to strings what math is to numbers."
    - Andrew Clinick.