Re: newbie+potato+Classic=? [was CDU561 misadventures]

At 11:06 AM 7/25/2000 -0700, Mike Pfleger wrote:

One final question.  Is there a way to generate a list of everything I
decided to install, and then use this to make a CD of just what I want?
Is this something that apt puts into a log file somewhere, that can be
parsed or viewed at a later time?  This way I can burn a CDR and wipe my
CDRWs and use them for the backup purposes they were bought for.  =:)

From the apt-zip readme:

These scripts simplify the process of using dselect and apt on a
non-networked Debian box, using removable media like ZIP floppies. One
generates a `fetch' script (supporting backends such as wget and lftp, in a
modular, extensible way) to be run on a host with better connectivity,
check space constraints of your removable media, and then install the
package on your Debian box.