Re: AMD Lance problem on ELC

Actually I installed Debian by dd'ing the rescue.bin onto one of the small hard
drives, then using a SCSI zip to create the root filesystem out of root.tgz.
Then I specified the root= parameter in the SILO prompt.  It took me months to
figure all that out :-)

But the transceiver _appears_ to work in that the power light is on when it's
connected.  However I get no activity when I try to send/receive data.  So the
problem could theoretically be in several other places.

Ben Roberts, Class of 2001 (1st of millenium), founding member of MBLUG

"If your motherboard smells like carcinogens it's time to get a new
motherboard."
        -- Ben Roberts, refering to his SPARC