Re: Success, Appreciation, Q: SunPC Accel'r

> On Jul 14, Stuart Auchterlonie scratched in indelible ink :

> The original use was to run windows natively under Solaris.
> ie. Windows runs on the 486, with Solaris on the sparc.
>
> Now I wonder what sort of silly uses this could be put to?
> Run Debian/Sparc on the Sparc and the x86 version on the 486...

well ....  it would mean that you could run applications that for various
reasons are only released on x86.  Like StarOffice, et al.
Enjoy that fun and games with it!

*wibble*
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere		||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au 	||   Thaumaturgy