Re: SS10 Install Probs Repeated on SS20

Ben Roberts wrote:

> that actually refers to /target/boot in all likelihood; silo was chroot'ed.
> odd how there would be no second.b... I installed fine (that part at least!) on
> my ELC using the same one big tarball, the standard boot image and the root
> tarball for NFS-mounts (but done off of a zip disk).
>
> Check the base2_2.tgz file with tar tzf and grep for second.b, make sure it's
> in there.

OK.  I'll go ahead and install today's dl of base2_2.tgz, and try that.
Yes!  It worked, or, at least, didn't give me an error message!
Thanks.

Creating a boot floppy still failed, but this time, I get more of
an error message on ptty4:

<4> 3 90 593888
<4>last result at 593888
<4>last red0_fd_request at 593888
<4>20 0
<4>status=10
<4>fdc_busy=1
<4>fd_timer.function=f00de8d4
<4>timer_table=f00e0b94
<4>expires=298
<4>now=58390
<4>cont=f0172c14
<4>CURRENT=00000000
<4>command_status=-1
<4>
<4>floppy0: get result error. Fdc=0 Last status=ffffffff Read bytes=0
<4>
<4>floppy driver state
<4>-------------------
<4>now=593890 last interrupt=593890 diff=0 last called handler=f00de99c
<4>last output byes:
<4> 8 80 593874
      "
<4>12 80 593888