Re: Can i run solaris binaries under Debian Linux/SPARC ?

On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 04:08:23PM +0200, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:

> Sorry, if this is a FAQ, but can i run Solaris binaries under Debian Linux/SPARC,
> provided that i got the needed Solaris libraries and licenses ?

You can use the solaris emulation (compiled as a module, so be sure to
load it), but it isn't perfect. I've messed with it simply chrooting to a
Solaris mounted partition (using the ufs module, but you can copy it to a
local Linux partition too) and running things like the shell and it's
commands.

Ben