Re: Results with 2.2.15-2000-06-10

I also got the same keyboard error, (really using the boot floppies)
on an IPX 40megRAM/270MegHD/. (The c,d,m rescue and driver disks)

I also could not do the make a bootdisk, step in dbbootstrap, I could not capture the screen output of superformat, but here is a bit of my messages file:

Jun 30 09:17:17 (none) user.err dbootstrap[28]: Please place a bl
ank floppy disk in the first floppy disk drive, and press ENTER.

Jun 30 09:17:18 (none) user.debug dbootstrap[28]: umount: No such
file or directory

Jun 30 09:17:18 (none) user.debug dbootstrap[28]: umount: Invalid
argument

Jun 30 09:17:20 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: write_boot_flopp
y: found floppy of size 1600

Jun 30 09:17:20 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: formatting flopp
y with cmd 'export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/target/lib:/target/usr/lib";
/target/usr/bin/superformat /dev/fd0 hd'

Jun 30 09:17:21 (none) user.err dbootstrap[28]: Creation of a boo
t floppy failed. Please make sure that the floppy was not write-p
rotected, and that you put it in the first dr

Jun 30 09:17:31 (none) user.err dbootstrap[28]: Please place a bl
ank floppy disk in the first floppy disk drive, and press ENTER.

Jun 30 09:17:31 (none) user.debug dbootstrap[28]: umount: No such
file or directory

Jun 30 09:17:32 (none) user.debug dbootstrap[28]: umount: Invalid
argument

Jun 30 09:17:32 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: write_boot_flopp
y: found floppy of size 1600

Jun 30 09:17:32 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: formatting flopp
y with cmd 'export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/target/lib:/target/usr/lib";
/target/usr/bin/superformat /dev/fd0 hd'

Jun 30 09:17:32 (none) user.err dbootstrap[28]: Creation of a boo
t floppy failed. Please make sure that the floppy was not write-p
rotected, and that you put it in the first dr

I didn't try to install vfat, since I don't need it, but I'll try running modconf, to see if I can replicate Kurt Mosiejczuk's problem. I did install nfsd, without problem, but on boot I got these errors: (the erros actually came from the messages file on the ramdisk, but after reboot the same undefined symbols were reported. I'm not familiar enough with sparc hardware to know what these modules do, but some like /misc/b1pci.o are being problematic because my system does not have a pci bus, assuming that's what the pci here is refering to. When I get the kernel source downloaded, I'll see what is what.

--no problems adding the fat module after the install.

Jun 30 08:43:33 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: installing kernel and modules from /dev/fd0 Jun 30 08:45:33 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: kernel and modules install successful Jun 30 08:50:47 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.15
/misc/b1dma.o
Jun 30 08:50:47 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.15
/misc/b1pci.o
Jun 30 08:50:47 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.15
/misc/c4.o
Jun 30 08:50:47 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.15
/misc/eicon.o
Jun 30 08:50:48 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.15
/misc/hisax.o
Jun 30 08:50:48 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.15
/misc/icn.o
Jun 30 08:50:48 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.15
/misc/sc.o
Jun 30 08:50:48 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.15
/misc/t1isa.o
Jun 30 08:50:48 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.15
/misc/t1pci.o
Jun 30 08:53:07 (none) user.info dbootstrap[28]: configured modules; modconf returned 0

During the apt step it upgraded modconf, during its configuration, it said "architechture specific config file not found, using defaults".

Earlier, I got my system into a weird state, it was slink 2.1r3 and I dist-upgraded, before reading the upgrade page (ie I still had a 2.0 kernel) it crapped out when trying to install the libc upgrade, but when I tried to install a current kernel .deb, it would not accept it, hence the boot floppies. Oh well, that will teach me to RTFM once in a while.

Gregg