Option for XSun log file location?

Hi there,

is it possible to change the file XSun writes its error messages to?
I had a look at the man page, tried "Xsun -help" and searched across
newgroups, but didn't find anything. :(

The man page from XServer(1) says:

/usr/adm/Xnmsgs               Error  log  file for display
                              number n if run from init(8)

(Yes, I do run XSun from init..)

Background: I'd like to have the logs from the X server, but in my case
/usr is a shared file system which is write protected as well... So
logging isn't very successful yet. ;)
And what does the X server do if it can't write its log file, as in my
case?

By the way, I'd create log files somewhere below /var, not /usr... maybe
/var/X11/..

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

	Andreas Jaehnigen