test this ! (hard lockups)

run
strace -ff -p `pidof ident`
and telnet from another machine to e.g. port 113

My SparcStation 5 reliably freezes hard doing fork call. The only way to
reboot is power it down (Stop-A does not work). I'm running uptodate
potato with both potato's 2.2.15 kernel and my 2.2.16.

I wonder how common this problem is. Is it only me or all SS5 are
affected ? What other architectures / kernel versions / debian versions /
other Linux distributions have the same problem ? And, probably more
important, which of those are not affected by the problem ?

May be then somebody could trace it down.

Sergey.