Re: SMP SS10 freezes hard intermittently

> I've got an SS10 with two CPUs, running a 2.2.15 kernel with SMP
> enabled.  It locks up hard periodically, and won't respond to
> stop-A, a break on the serial port, the three-fingered salute,
> or, in fact, anything short of a power-cycle.

When I was fixing sparc32 SMP in 2.2, I only had access to one cpu and
machine type (viking supersparc on 4m/690). As such it tends to be stable :)

ftoomsh# uptime
3:01am  up 99 days, 13:59, 31 users,  load average: 1.42, 1.38, 1.36

ftoomsh# cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu             : Texas Instruments, Inc. - SuperSparc 50
fpu             : SuperSparc on-chip FPU
promlib         : Version 3 Revision 2
prom            : 2.14
type            : sun4m
ncpus probed    : 4
ncpus active    : 4
Cpu0Bogo        : 49.86
Cpu1Bogo        : 49.97
Cpu2Bogo        : 49.97
Cpu3Bogo        : 49.97
MMU type        : TI Viking/MXCC
contexts        : 65536
CPU0            : online
CPU1            : online
CPU2            : online
CPU3            : online

There are too many things to fix in 2.2 (that I am fixing in 2.4) so
random lockups are no surprise to me. 2.4 should be ready for sparc32 real
soon.

Cheers,
Anton