Re: Problems opening fd for /dev/console...

Ben Collins wrote:

> Odd, mine is:
>
> crw-------    1 root     root       5,   1 Jun  9 19:52 /dev/console
>
> So I don't know where your perms problem is coming from. Ahh, wait, your
> problem is an exec, not the console. Blah, do this:
>
> chmod 755 /
>
> This is a known problem with the May 2.2.15 boot-floppies images. Fixed in
> the June set.

Thank you!!! Yeah!!! :) Fixed it of course. I used the latest (as of
Friday) tftpboot.img since booting off the boot floppies I made locked
up as soon as it asked for the ramdisk during the boot sequence --
simply sat there with the prompt asking for the disk.

Anyways, thanks... never would have thought of that. Hopefully someone
else can find the solution in the mailing list archives now :)

Brian Macy