Re: Post installation

> I just installed my debian (potato).  I cant seem to telnet nor ftp
> into the machine.  I checked the inetd.conf file in the etc directory,
> it contains
>
> telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  root    internal
>
> Is this ok?

Likely not - this is what I'm using on my Debian/SPARC systems:

telnet          stream  tcp     nowait  telnetd.telnetd /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/sbin/in.telnetd

Note that that should all be on one line.

> I am missing something else?

If you want to telnet in you need to install the telnetd package.

> Also if someone can recommend a good website for Debian on sparc
> administration.

It's no different from dealing with Debian on a standard PC.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein