Re: Sparc CDROM booting

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Ben Collins wrote:
[skipped]
|Thanks for trying Debian. I presume this is a slink install (Debian 2.1).
|I am not sure about the bootability of slink CD's. If you want to boot
|from floppy, you can find the disk images in dist/stable/main/disks-sparc
|on the CD. You will need to atleast write the rescue and root images, then
|you can use the CD for the rest of the install.
[skipped]

Hi!

I've successfully booted and installed slink (2.1_r4) from Official Debian
binary CD (made it using pseudo-image-kit and burned it myself) on rather
old Sparcstation using "boot cdrom". The ISO image, which I was using
had md5 sum

d71042fc919db5e8ba8fcec0825c3f68  binary-sparc-1.iso

and size 572637184.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov
jurij(at)euroseek(dot)com