Display problem with latest frozen release.

Hi,

I just upgraded to the latest frozen release from an
earlier version which was about one and a half weeks old
and am having problems with the display.  The system boots
like before and gets all the way to the login prompt and then
the screen goes blank. I can switch to a new virtual screen
and I do get a login prompt for about a second before it two
goes blank. X is also not running when I switch to screen 7.

Has anyone else seen this problem or have any idea what
I need to do to get running again?

I'm running a stock distribution with the exception of the
kernel which was compiled from standard 2.2.15 sources.
I'm also running the standard kde distribution for frozen.
The system is a SPARCserver 630MP running an smp
kernel.

Thanks,

Bob.