Re: About 'sid'

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 02:20:23PM +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:

> Just a small question.
>

> Will the components of potato that are currently symlinks to 'sid'
> distribution be replaced by the actually binary packages ?
>

> Should we no longer have sid for sparc as the sparc arch is now
> officially released, not a work in progress ??

Right now there are only 17megs worth of links from sparc potato to sid.
Those will disappear when potato releases. There is another 63 megs of
symlinks from sparc potato to sparc slink. Those will also disappear.

The reason sid is left is to avoid a large mirror push. We've now
gradually made it obsolete over two releases (as expected in these cases),
so when this release comes around, it will be gone.

Ben