Re: Keyboard/mouse problems with X

christian mock wrote:

> > The problem is that /dev/sunmouse is a "single open" device, so that means
> > that only one process is allowed to open the device. If you install gpm,
> > it will open /dev/sunmouse, so the X server can't use the device. Gpm has
> > a solution for this: the /dev/gpmdata repeater. Unfortunately, the Xsun
>
> no, I don't think that this is the cause -- there's no gpm installed
> on my machine, and with 2.2.13 and 2.2.15 I'm seeing complete mouse
> and keyboard lockup in X (sometimes, I can type some characters into
> the xdm window, but then it stops).
>
> 2.2.9 does work, however.

<snip>

This doesn't explain my problem either.  I was using the woody 2.2.15
kernel deb and even without gpm running the X server would cause the
keyboard/mouse to lock up, but it does not crash X (you can telnet/ssh
in and execute X apps to display on the server).  Using a 2.2.15 built
from source seems to work perfectly though, go figure...

Cheers
Michael Anthon