Re: another take on the smp setup

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 06:01:12PM -0500, John F. Davis wrote:
> Hello
>
> In the make menuconfig for the 2.2.14 kernel, it has two entries which I think pertain to
> dual processor sparc 10 setups.  These settings are:
>
> o  Symetric Multi-processing support (does not work on sun4/sun4c)
> o  Support for Sun4 machines (disables sun4[cdm] support)
>
> I said yes to the first option and no to the second.  Is this the correct setting
> for a sparc 10 with two sm41 processors?

Yes. Sun4 has nothing to do with SMP. It is the very old systems. AFA your
System.map problem, are you sure you are booting the kernel at /vmlinuz?
What does /etc/silo.conf and "uname -a" tell you? You might want to do a
make mrproper (saving your .config file) and rebuild the kernel and
system.map.

Ben