Re: apt-get proxy setup

> On May 22, Peter Firmstone scratched in indelible ink :

> I'm relatively new to debian and I'm having a little confusion setting
> up my /etc/apt/sources.list file for use behind a squid proxy-firewall.
>
> deb http://squid.cqu.edu.au:3128/www.au.debian.org/debian stable main
> contrib non-US

exporting the http_proxy and ftp_proxy environment variables will fix
this.   (man sources.list)

bash/sh/ksh
export http_proxy='squid.cqu.edu.au:3128'

or csh:
setenv http_proxy='squid.cqu.edu.au:3128'

/Jp.
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere		||   Student of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au 	||   Thaumaturgy