solaris emulation

       Hi all,
       The debian linux/sparc port (2.2) seems to me rather mature now
and I am contemplating converting some more Sun Solaris to Linux/Sparc
(up to now I have only 2 old Sun machines running linux mostly as X
terminals). But we have commercial packages such as matlab which won't
run under linux, therefore I am looking for an emulation solution. As
I have never done this, I would like to ask some questions

1) Is it possible ? is it reliable and efficient ?

2) How it could be done. Can it be set up easily under debian linux ?

3) Specifically for matlab, has any one been able to run it under
linux in emulation mode ?

Idealy, matlab should port their product to linux/sparc, but I don't
count on that: even the intel linux port is not up to date: it still
libc5 based !

Thanks

--
PHAM Dinh Tuan                         | e-mail: Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr
Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23