X can't start because its missing PEXExtensionInit?

Hello

I just reinstalled X via dselect and X still doesn't work.
I examined the log file and the error output, and it appears
I need to get PEXExtension and sunMouseProc to work.  However,
I'm not sure.

Dselect shows xfonts_pex installed.
I don't see a roman font package.
I don't see a sunmouse package.
I've got the gpm package installed.
My mouse works in console mode.

What else could it be?  This is all after I goofed up
and tried to install Xsun24 driver.

This is the error message when I try to startx:

##############################
/etc/X11# startx

(using VT number 7)

PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file  Roman_M
sunMouseProc ioctl VUIDGFORMAT: Invalid argument

Fatal server error:
failed to initialize core devices
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

/etc/X11#

This is the error message in my log file.  Its similar.

(using VT number 7)

PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file  Roman_M
sunMouseProc ioctl VUIDGFORMAT: Invalid argument

Fatal server error:
failed to initialize core devices
xdm error (pid 192): Server for display :0 terminated unexpectedly: 1
xdm error (pid 192): Display :0 is being disabled