potato kernel patch on SS5?

I got a question concerning Sparc/Debian:

When I booted potato on my Sparc 5/170 I got a message which reads
somewhat like "boot time fix and mmu/io". My question is the following:
is this fix part of the normal kernel? Or is it a Debian specific patch?
Because I had (unstable) kernels from kernel.org on my sparc (2.2.12 and
2.2.14) which did not show that message.

And if it is a patch, can I get it somewhere separately?

Thank you,
  Felix

    "...imagination is stronger than knowledge!"

    Felix Schuermann      fschuermann@usa.net
                          icq: 11071716
    http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~fschuerm/