Offtopic - Hardware hacks...

I know this is offtopic so I apologize beforehand.

I would like to do some hardware hacking on the older Sun systems such as the Classic, IPC/IPX, and Sparc 5s and such. Where would I get the hardware information?  Is there another list that I could subscribe to for this?  A newsgroup?

I'm not actually planning to hack anything on them right now but I would like to understand more of how the hardware is constructed.   I'm fairly well versed in Intel but would like to understand more of Sparc at the root level.

Anything somebody could point me to would be greatly appreciated as I can't seem to find anything in-depth on the web.

Sincerely,

Mike Hebel