Ok - I'll bite...How do you make the 8 bit sound work on an IPC?

OK.
Here's what I've got:
Debian 2.1 on a Sparc IPC, 36meg RAM, 200meg (/dev/sda), cdrom (/dev/cdrom)
SCSI ID 6)

I'm sure I've got the kernel installed with audio module installed - I chose
to install that module when I did the install that I booted from the CD-ROM
directly.

I was able to do a MAKEDEV audio and get the /dev entries into existence but
if I run something like esd or bplay it tells me that /dev/dsp doesn't
exist.

I couldn't find a specific Sparc sound How-To for Debian so anything would
help me at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Mike Hebel