Re: trouble with NIS in slink update

In article <cistron.199912231907.UAA14163@samson.fiz.uni-lj.si>,
Ferenc Kiraly  <feri@samson.fiz.uni-lj.si> wrote:
>OK, I guess I'm ruling out the kernel problem. I upgraded from
>kernel 2.0.38 to 2.2.14pre16 as you suggested and it made
>absolutely no difference to NIS. The above mentioned progs
>segfault just as happily as ever. So the problem remains.
>Anything else I can try?

Yes, debug it on the source level ..

Recompile NIS with debugging (-g) on, and run the unstripped binaries
under a debugger (gdb). Then when it coredumps you can do a
stack-trace to see where it goes wrong.

Until someone who can reproduce this debugs it this way, it's
not going to be fixed ..

Mike.
Reply to the list or to miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)